Our Terms and Conditions
We hope that you are fully satisfied with the products you have received from us. If however you have ordered in error or are unhappy with your purchase and would like to return your items for a refund, please email us for a returns number. You have 14 days from receipt of your goods to appraise the goods and then inform us of your intentions to return the goods. This needs to be done by letter or email. After 14 days have elapsed the sale is final. No returns are possible. Once you have informed us during this period the goods must be received back to us within 7 days. The returning goods must be returned in original packaging and in perfect condition with tags if appropriate. We cannot accept returned items that have been damaged, missing packaging or have missing tags. Returning goods is at the buyers risk and cost. We recommend the use of a tracked insured service in case of loss. We refund the cost of the goods in full including free economy postage. We do not refund any express/courier/international or upgraded postal costs that were added to the basket at checkout by the customer as these services are provided as an additional service . above and beyond our normal services. Express postage is therefore not refundable in the event of the goods being returned for a refund. By choosing express services you (the customer) are agreeing to these conditions of contract and have waived your rights to a refund of this postage charge.
- All our goods are normally instock and ready to ship unless otherwise stated.
- We aim to ship your goods within 1-2 working days from the order.
- Most goods are dispatched the day after we receive the order.
- During quieter periods we will try to ship same day if possible, if order is placed before Noon.
- We do not dispatch at weekends or Bank holidays.
- We ship all small/soft goods within the UK FREE on economy postage
- Skis/boards are NOT freepost
- Please note that when choosing "Express Next day" at checkout, this does not mean that you are guaranteed to receive your goods the next day. This simply means that you will receive the goods the day after we dispatch them. There is a difference. This is a Monday - Friday service. We will endeavour to prioritize your order and process it as quickly as possible but you are upgrading postage, not handling.
- Express postage is available as an upgraded additional service charged at £8. However Express postage is not refundable in the event of the goods being returned for a refund. By choosing express services you (the customer) are agreeing to these conditions of contract.
- We ship to E.U, and Europe, please see information further down page.
- We ship worldwide, please see information further down page.
Any luggage and/or poles bought at the "special priced/reduced" rate as part of a special offer linked with buying skis must be returned if the skis are being returned, if not, the full standard price will be applied to the luggage and/or poles and the resulting refund will be adjusted accordingly.
On occasion, post can be delayed due to poor weather or other factors. We will always do our best to track the item and assist in anyway we can to get the goods to you. Most Standard/Economy deliveries are delivered within several days. Sometimes deliveries take a little longer. We do not guarantee any time frame for all our deliveries services but will accept that after 14 days have elapsed (UK) we will deem the parcel lost and a refund will be issued, until this time, the parcel merely hasn't arrived yet. We cannot refund before this time and we cannot accept any potential consequential loss because of the deemed late arrival, as there is no "due" date on economy and standard posts.
Skis purchased on line
Most goods we sell are covered by a manufacturer's or distributor's warranty.
Manufacturer's or distributor's warranties cover faulty design, manufacture and materials but exclude faults or damage caused by impact, wear and tear, accident, neglect or misuse.
Warranty terms and conditions vary according to the manufacturer/distributor.
Please contact us or the manufacturer/distributor to confirm their specific terms and conditions.
All warranty claims are at the manufacturer's or distributor's sole discretion.
Any partially or wholly successful warranty claim shall infer no admission of liability on the part of the retailer, the distributor or the manufacturer. Manufacturer's warranties are in addition to and do not replace your statutory rights.
Used, B-stock and ex-demonstration goods are sold at lower cost with no warranty.
Examples of things which would normally be covered under warranty, providing there is no evidence of impact, accident, neglect or misuse include:
- Broken or missing components.
- Split seams on bags or clothing.
- Misaligned stitching.
- Delamination of snowboard.
- Structural defects in any product.
- Fogging on goggles caused by a defective gasket seal.
- Plus a whole host of other issues specific to individual products.
When a product has been used, examples of things which are not covered under warranty include:
- Damage to any snowboard equipment, ski equipment or clothing when used on a dry slope, or when coming into contact with any object or surface other than snow or arising from the use of ski lifts or chair lifts or any other man-made structure. Snowboard bindings accidentally trapped under a descending seat are likely to snap and are not covered under warranty.
- Damage to snowboards or skis caused by the improper mounting of bindings, including the use of incorrect mounting hardware. Base dimples can arise on a snowboard if mounting hardware is over tightened. Base protrusions or 'popping' can occur if the mounting hardware used is too long.
- Damage to clothing or equipment caused by contact with the metal edges of snowboards, skis or other sharp objects.
- Damage to any sporting equipment caused by an 'unconventional' or 'heavy' landing following a jump, aerial manoeuvre, accidental fall or misuse. This includes rails and any other man-made structures in snowparks.
- Damage to bases of skis or snowboards caused by riding on anything other than snow this includes stones, rocks, gravel etc. Damage/scratches to topside of skis/boards due to accidental causes, lift queues and including general wear and tear.
- Chips, scrapes and abrasions to paintwork or the surface material on any sporting equipment.
- Cross threaded screws or screw inserts.
- Damage caused by the use of incorrect screw drivers, spanners or tools.
- Oxidisation or minor surface rust on metal surfaces or edges.
- Damage to bags or luggage caused by baggage handlers or by overloading the bag.
- Rips, tears or abrasion to fabrics and materials.
- Loss of waterproofing properties, discolouration or fading of fabrics if the manufacturer's washing instructions are not followed.
- Fading caused by prolonged exposure to UV light. Please note, UV rays can be particularly harsh in the mountains and colours will fade over time.
- Natural variations in colour, texture or appearance due to the use of natural materials or the hand made nature of some products.
- Material breakdown caused by the use of solvents, adhesives or resins.
- Damage caused by any post-purchase modification or customisation.
The above lists are for illustration purposes only and is not exhaustive or a totally comprehensive list.
How to Make a Claim
To make a warranty claim, please contact us by telephone to give us an outline of the problem. You can send us an email attaching photographs which clearly illustrating the specific problems you have encountered. Wherever possible, we will use your photographic evidence to evaluate your claim so you may not need to return the goods to us. Or if you prefer to return the goods to us for inspection this is at your cost. Sometimes goods will need to be sent direct to manufacturers or distributors, or they may not need to be returned at all. Under the Sale of Goods Act your contract is with us, the retailer, and not with the manufacturer or distributor. When making a warranty claim, we should always be your first point of contact.
After you have contacted us, due to the technical nature of the products we sell, we reserve the right to liaise directly with manufacturers or distributors in the event of a warranty claim. A report maybe available afterwards.
When you take up our FREE BINDING FITTING SERVICE and the bindings are fitted to skis without the ski boot present, (ie from the ‘boot sole length or boot size supplied’), then for safety and compatibility reasons you must have these checked by a professional before use, as absolutely no liability can be accepted without our having your ski boot to check the settings are correct. Once bindings have been mounted to your new skis they cannot be returned under Direct Selling regulatuions applicable to normal mail order goods.
Although we are the UK Agents for Blizzard, Sporten and other Ski brands, only skis purchased from us directly are covered by the above warranty and proof of purchase will be required Should you have purchased skis through one of the retailers who sell the same brand skis, then they must be returned via that outlet.
Fitted skis. All skis/binding sets that are either fitted or setup for customers own boots or size requirements cannot be returned under any circumstances as they have been altered/customised.
By checking out you agree to these terms and conditions above