GPO Short Rocker "ORIGINAL" 130cms Adult Short skis with Bindings
- Full Description
- Customer Reviews
- Delivery Costs
Package 1. Tyrolia SP10/12 Rental step -in FULL Release bindings and ski brake.
Package 2. BARE SKI - NO BINDINGS - MOUNT YOUR OWN
Package 3. with Tyrolia SR10 Rental step -in Full Release bindings and ski brake
Minimum height 1.5 mts (approx 4ft 11 inches tall)
Maximum weight 100 kilos (approx 16 stone)
Male or Female Freeride skier using piste and powder.
Suitable for skiers of all abilities, intermediate and advanced skiers.
- Wood Sandwich Core ski
- Twin Rocker design for easy, playful cornering and more float in powder
- Traditional Step-In Tyrolia full release Bindings,
- Length 130cms specifications: 120-80-108cm
- Turn radius: 8.9 mts
Short ski shops opinion............
This Adult short ski from Austrian Ski Company Gaspo is "bang on" and loaded with features for this season. We only have limited stocks, so don't hesitate, they maybe gone.
1. The "Short Rocker" has a very wide toe for its length and a fairly wide tail, giving it exceptional cornering and stability on all terrain including piste, powder and even slush..
2. The Twin Rocker shape gives exceptional floatation and manoeuvrability in all conditions.
3. Tyrolia release binding has given skiers who want a step-in binding the perfect package.
4. At 8.9m, this ski has a tight turning radius, so its a fantastic ski for intermediate skiers who have issues turning on steep slopes; just lay it on its edges and it will whip round very quickly, so you are not staring straight downhill for very long. Its so good, its my personal choice too!!
The bottom line.
What can we say, except If we had a wish list of features for a short ski, this baby has got them. So its got plenty going for it and we are sure it will be one of our best sellers this season. I have it and wouldn't swap it for any other ski.
What's the difference between the SP and SR bindings?
Not much really, both are full release bindings, both adjust on the fly to multiple ski boots sizes. The SR binding are for ski boots range from size 3 women's to Men's size 11.5 (max size ski boot shell 350mm). The SP range simply has a wider range of boot sizes in excess of size 13 UK men's ski boots, maybe even size 15 (maximum ski boot size 391mm). The SR adjusts only at the heel, the SP adjusts at both toe and heel as the range of boot sizes are much larger. The SR is fractionally cheaper, so we sell it cheaper, if we have stock, buy that one.
Discount poles offer with this ski too, see poles dept
Add a bag to this order for only £20 and save around £20 on the rrp, see drop down menu
Free Binding fitting if you state your shoe/boot size during checkout, otherwise we will send bindings unfitted for you to fit yourself locally.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!
Reviewer: Rick Paris ( Director at Shortksishop.com) from Essex
As this is a very new ski, I have reviewed this ski to give customers an idea of what to expect. I used this ski for 7 days in Val D'Isere, France April 2014. The conditions in resort we suprisingly good for the 2nd last week of the season and we could still just about ski to the village. This little ski was my only equipment all week. I skied both glaciers and virtually every run that was open throughout Espace Killy. This little ski performed like a dream. Being very wide at the tip and tail gave it extra performace in slush and in the soft off-piste conditions. The Rocker part of the ski gave me terrific turning performance on all grades of piste for such a wide ski. i was carving short turns and swings with ease over varied condiitons and terrain. I was a little exhausted by the time I got to the bottom of the "Face" (long black descent into the village, part of the 1992 Olympic downhill course)) but it is very steep and the moguls were about 2-3 foot high with very poor snow lower down. But that was more about the conditions of the snow and my fitness rather than the ski. The fact I could ski this extreme slope at all and in reasonable style, rather than just survive, told me all I needed to know. This is a ski for all skiers, novice or experts. It offers so much assistance that you can actually enjoy steep runs rather than shy away or ski them through gritted teeth. I simply cannot ski steep runs with a long ski, I am not that good. Enough said. Its brilliant. Forget its only 130 long and try a pair. These skis are only available in very limited numbers, so don't hang around for too long.
Reviewer: Rick PARIS (UPDATE MAY 2017) from UK (Director shortskkishop)
Several years on from my first review, my opinion has not changed. I own several short skis and blades and have had the pleasure of testing many more in my job at The Short Ski Shop.Com. If there is a finer short ski anywhere in the world, it must be a hell of a piece of kit to top this one. As far as I am concerned "This is simply the best".
Reviewer: Pat Purcell from Gold Coast Australia
I skied on this great GPO short rocker skis with Tyrolia bindings in various conditions at Perisher in Australia and loved them over a period of 5 weeks and have given them a 5 star rating. I loved skiing them on corduroy groomers even icy runs. They handled cruddy snow with ease as well. They are great to do pure carving, pivot or slip turns as well performing 180s and 360s. I did manage to ski a whole run backwards on these skis. Having such a short radius was a bonus as well as a confidence boost on narrow catwalks and runs. I managed to ski consistently in the upper 50 km/h (averaging around 57km/h) range with a top speed of 64.3 km/h. I purchased these to have fun on but they ended up being my main and preferred skis. Pat
Reviewer: Jo from Ipswich
A really super ski. I wish I had this years ago as it has given me a new lease of life which I did not think possible. Jo
Reviewer: Peter Mayes from Liverpool, UK
I have never posted a review of anything before till now. 10/10, wonderful ski kit, does exactly what Rick and other reviewer say, buy it and you wont regret it. It was the most expensive short ski on the website but you get what you pay for. Rick is very knowledgeable and will guide you right, thanks mate
Reviewer: tc from cheshire
these are my second pair of skis I have purchased from rick I bought the buzz 99cm blades which are excellent but needed just a bit more for me to ski in all resorts GPO SHORT ROCKER is in just an amazing ski and changed how I ski it turns a nervous skier into another level I love them and would not waste time on any other ski .
Reviewer: Denis Lynch from Cork, Rep. of Ireland
I am just back from a week in La Thuile (6th - 13 Jan 2019) and used the GPO 130 for the first time. I really enjoyed using them and I was pleasently surprised when they performed well on steep Black Runs. Thanks Rick and I can see why you bought two pairs for yourself just in case they stop making them! With luck I will get out again before the season finishes this year and will be bringing them with me. If anyone is thinking of buying a pair of short ski then I highly recommend these ones. Thanks again, Denis Lynch, Cork
- We ship all stock with the exception of ALL Skis and Snowboards FREE within the UK, on an economy postal service.
- We aim to ship your goods within 1-2 working days from the order.
- Most goods are dispatched the day after we receive the order.
- During quieter periods we will try to ship same day if possible, if order is placed before Noon.
- We dispatch Monday - Friday only (not including Bank Holidays)
- Skis and/or Snowboards are NOT Free Post and require a minimum of 1 working day to prepare for postage. Longer for overseas orders
- Please note that when choosing "Express Next day/24 hour" at checkout, this does not mean that you are guaranteed to receive your goods the next day. This simply means that you will receive the goods the next working day after we dispatch. There is a difference. This is a Monday - Friday service and does not normally deliver on Saturdays or Sundays. Goods shipped on Friday will be normally be delivered on Monday.
- Goods ordered after the cut off point 9AM will be shipped the following working day. We will endeavour to prioritize your order and process it as quickly as possible but you are upgrading postage, not handling. There are no refunds for late "express/next day" delivery for any reason.
- Express and 1st class postage is available as an upgraded additional service charged extra at checkout.
- We ship to E.U, and Europe, please see information further down page.
- We ship worldwide, please see information further down page.
- Overseas postage of skis/boards require a further 1-2 days to arrange couriers.
- Same Day Dispatch, We will always try to ship Express post the same day, if ordered before 12/Noon
- Inline with UK Distance Selling Regulations, any upgraded Postal service chosen at checkout will not be refunded in the event of a return as a FREE postage service is included with all products* By choosing to upgrade, you (the customer) are agreeing to these conditions of contract.
UK DELIVERY RATES:
Due to the wide nature of goods for sale, we offer FREE economy postage on all "standard small mixed goods to all UK postcodes. "Standard mixed goods" include everything we sell except skis/snowblades and snowboards.
Free economy postage is usually the cheapest service available which is normally 2nd class UK post or 5 day courier (4-5 working days).
Royal Mail Express 48, Royal Mail Express 24. (This charge is non refundable in the event of a return as Economy postage is already included)
NEXT DAY WORKING DAY service. £9.99
If you require an express service upgrade to the free economy service, you can upgrade and add this additional service at checkout, this is costs £8.99 extra and gets upgraded to 24 hour if available. Please note that all upgraded and Express delivery charges are not refundable in the event of a return/refund, this is in accordance with DSR. This service is for UK only and for all goods except skis and boards. Does not deliver on Saturday or Sunday
UK Carriage of Snowboards and skis
These are NOT included in the free postage offer. Skis and boards are sent on a 48 hour service as standard, costs are below. This service is normally from Parcelforce and will require a signature. In the event of nobody being "IN" to sign for the parcel, they will normally leave a card for you to rearrange delivery or for you to pick up from the local depot. You can upgrade this service to 24 hour for smaller skis only under 145cms. Boards are too large for the 24 service. If in doubt please call us.
Skis and boards are charged at different flat rates for the U.K. depending on your postcode, see below. Its a sad fact of life that although we live in a very small country, couriers charge a standard rate for (MAINLAND UK) although it does not include ALL mainland addresses. All postcodes are zoned, see below for what zone your postcode drops into and choose the correct zone charge at checkout for these larger items. Thanks
UK Carriage of Skis
Zone 1 £9 England, Wales and parts of Scotland, excluding Highlands and Islands. The zone is made up of all postcodes not mentioned in zones 2 and 3 below.
Zone 2 £18.99 The Highlands and Islands of Scotland - postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, ZE.
Zone 3 £19.99 Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly -postcodes BT, IM, TR21-25.
UK Carriage of Snowboards, same zones as skis but cost is slightly higher as the parcels are bulkier..
ZONE 1: £15, ZONE 2 & ZONE 3: £28
Channel Islands treat as Eurozone 1 see below.
European delivery of goods (not skis/Board).
Standard (1 small box of goods) charged at £13.99 per order to all E.U. addresses. These are sent by Royal Mail "Signed for or Tracked service"
Rest of the World delivery £17.99 upto 2 kgs
Europe and Worldwide Carriage costs of Snowblades and Skis .
Please check which zone your country is in at the foot of this page.
Eurozone 1, 2, 3 and 4: (West Europe, e.g France, Germany, Spain, Norway etc) skis upto 100cms length,£24.99 all other length skis £32.99
Eurozone 1-4: Skis up to 117cms £ 29.99, longer skis please email.
Eurozone 5,6: (Eastern Europe e.g. Romania, Hungary, etc- Eastern Mediterranean eg, Greece,Turkey, etc Skis up to 100cms £38.99, longer skis please email.
Other European countries and Rest of the World, please contact for a shipping quote
Attention all overseas customers.
If you are interested in buying skis or snowboards please contact us for shippimg costs to your country as there are just too many zones and charges to list here, the costs also change weekly so we can get the best rate for you.
* with the exception of skis and boards